Sunday, November 6, 2011

Food blog 2 - Corn tortillas

Does anyone else keep stuff in their fridge or freezer thinking, "I'll think of something to use this in."?
I do. This time, it was 2 dozen corn tortillas in the freezer.
Why did I save them? I probably got them on sale.
For the past few months, they'd be staring at me, wondering what to do with them.
So, this idea popped into my head. 1 batch homemade refried beans, the 1 cup leftover hot salsa, 2 8-ounce packages reduced fat Mexican cheese and a recipe taco meat using Boca crumbles.
One layer of 6 tortillas, half refried beans, half salsa, one layer of 6 tortillas, half taco Boca, one package cheese, one layer of 6 tortillas, rest refried beans, rest salsa, last layer of 6 tortillas, rest taco Boca, other package of cheese.
I baked this in a 9x13 pan at 400 for 25-30 minutes.

Now, what to call it...Mexican lasagna? Tortilla pie? Can't decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment